Saturday, May 15, 2021

2021 Fall Twirler Announcements - University of Florida Gatorette

Hello Texas Twirl Fans!

It is that exciting time of year where twirlers are auditioning for twirling spots for the Fall. This blog hopes to help spread the excitement by announcing the selections for the lovely twirlers we will see on the field very soon in Texas, and representing out of State. If you have an announcement for new twirler selections for 2021-22, please email texastwirlcontact@gmail.com so that we can help spread the word!

Today we are announcing one of the newest UF Gatorettes, Halle Burton!


The University of Florida, located in Gainesville, Florida, is the home of the Gatorette Twirlers, and it will soon also be the home of #TeamTexas Twirler, Halle Burton! Halle is from San Antonio, Texas, and is coached by Debbie Salem & Shaylie Fawcett, with additional support from the Twirling Sweet Sensations coaches, Michele Pangrac & Mary Ann Pozzi. In 2019 she was named the AYOP Intermediate Junior National Pageant Winner, and this year she was able to fulfill a life long dream when it was announced that she was a part of the 2021-22 Gatorette Twirlers. 

"Since I was six years old and picked up a baton for the first time, I was inspired by the Gatorettes. At the time I was living in Gainesville, Florida, and these college twirlers served as a great example for me. I loved their flashy routines, contagious energy, and positive attitudes, which inspired me to set the goal of becoming a Gatorette myself. Throughout my twirling career, I also worked academically so I could get into the University of Florida. Once I got accepted in February, I just knew it was fate and I excitedly auditioned to be a Gatorette in early May."

There is nothing more amazing that seeing a lifelong dream come true, and we could not be more excited for Halle and the adventures that awaits her in Florida. Congrats Halle, and Go Gators!

(left: Halle as a little Gators Fan. right: Halle during her Gatorette audition)


We hope you have enjoyed this blog post. We are always looking for great new stories about Texas twirlers. Do you have an idea or some information we could use to help highlight our sport? Contact us at texastwirlcontact@gmail.com and we would love to hear more about it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment