Next weekend will be one of the few in person twirling opportunities we have had in several months!
The 2020 Central Texas Twirl Camp, run by Twirl ATX, will take place August 1st & 2nd in Cedar Park, TX. We know everything is super crazy with COVID-19, but this camp will be following very strict safety guidelines to protect the campers while also offering wonderful instructors. This is a great camp to learn some new things, see some friends, and mentally prepare for next season.
*REGISTRATION DEADLINE MONDAY!* Interested in attending CTXTC? Please note there are only 10 spaces left due to limited camp numbers, so make sure to get signed up ASAP. You can register by visiting http://www.twirlatx.com/ctxtc.html. Feel free to contact the Directors by phone at (512) 848-7426 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions. Registration will close at 9:00 pm on July 27th.
Who? What? Where? When? Why?
Who: Twirl ATX
What: 2020 Central TX Twirl Camp
Where: Cedar Park, TX (Toro Grande Dr)
When: August 1st & 2nd Noon to 5 pm
Why: The Central Texas Twirl Camp is a two day camp held each August where twirlers have the opportunity to work with some awesome instructors to learn new material for the upcoming season
Amazing Instructors: One thing you can always count on at CTXTC is wonderful instruction! This year will be no different as they have some returning and some new instructors...
*3X Miss Majorette of America & Former Michigan Feature, Kristen (Scali) Smith
*Univ. of Texas Feature Twirler & 2016 Miss Texas, Caroline Carothers
*Former World Team Member & Former Ole' Miss Feature, Kristen Tate
*Mizzou Feature Twirler, & TX Collegiate Downfield Champ Josie Linson
As COVID-19 and camper safety are huge concerns for the camp directors, they will be following very specific procedures for camp including:
- Limiting the group sizes with each instructor to under 10
- Campers will be well spaced in designated spots during instruction and breaks
- Constant access to hand sanitizer and frequent opportunities for re-application
- Allowing only campers in the gym area during camp hours to limit exposure
- Masks are required per State, County, and Facility guidelines
- No food or water stations. Campers must bring their own. No sharing allowed
- Instructors will not be able to assist with tying shoes, clothing, or putting hair up
- No sharing of batons or exchanges allowed. Sanitizing of batons will also be encouraged
- No personal contact will be allowed by campers or instructors. All instruction will be visual
If this sounds like an amazing opportunity, and you want to enroll your twirler, please visit http://www.twirlatx.com/ctxtc.html. Any questions? Contact Ashley Wood at (5212 or email@example.com. We hope to see you there!
We hope you have enjoyed this blog post. We are always looking for great new stories about Texas twirlers. Do you have an idea or some information we could use to help highlight our sport? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we would love to hear more about it.