Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Miss Texas 2018: Meet the Twirlers - Miss College Station

Hello Texas Twirl Fans!

What an exciting week for baton twirling in Texas. Everyone is getting ready for the State Championship in only four days, and we are all getting psyched about Miss Texas Week. We are all so happy to get to support FIVE Texas baton twirlers as they compete for the title of Miss Texas 2018!

To make sure our twirlers get the proper level of support from the twirling community, leading up to the Miss Texas pageant (June 25th to June 30th) we will be doing an interview with the baton twirlers that will be competing. We want to come together and unite to celebrate and support these young women as they represent our community and show Texas what twirlers can do!

Our next Miss Texas twirling representative is the 2018 Miss College Station, Aly Beaupré!


Aly is 22 years old and hails from Corpus Christi, TX. Aly is well known within the NBTA competition circuit as she has held titles including Miss Majorette of Texas, Miss Majorette of Mississippi, and is a former Ole' Miss Feature Twirler. Aly is a member of Texas Touch of Class and is coached by Shirley Payne and Sheila Payne Rigelsky. She was also coached by Katherine Pambrun and Keely Davis. Aly is current a Senior at Texas A&M University, a preschool teacher at the Angel Academy and a Membership Adviser for Gold's Gym.

PEOPLE'S CHOICE VOTING IS OPEN! Help support our Texas Twirlers in their mission to get baton twirling to the Miss Texas stage! Top 2 highest "votes" get a guaranteed spot to perform in the finals. Check out the People's Choice voting site to donate. We still have two twirlers in the Top 5 for People's Choice, but none in the Top 2 yet! Who wants to see these ladies perform live at the Miss Texas Finals? If you do, click on the link and support our twirlers!

Last year Aly did amazing at the 2017 Miss Texas pageant. She was one of the People's Choice winners and was a part of the Top 12! It was so fantastic seeing her in the finals. This year, Aly has really focused in on her personal and physical health and is ready to take on 2018 with a new strength!


Miss Texas Platform: Happy Heart, Happy Life - The American Heart Association

Life Motto: “All of our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them” - Walt Disney

What was your favorite story from the 2017 Miss Texas Pageant? "I would have to say performing throughout prelims and finals. The adrenaline rush I get from performing on the Miss Texas stage is indescribable. I’m so excited to be back for more!"

What part of Miss Texas Week are you most looking forward to? "I’m excited to show off all of my hard work. I have now lost 29 lbs since March and my confidence is through the roof! In not just lifestyle and fitness, but in every phase of competition. With that being said, I’m equally as excited to see all of my sweet pageant sisters." (Blog Editor Side Note: Aly's fitness journey has been such an amazing thing to watch, she will actually be highlighted in a show on HBO following all the progress and success she has achieved. We can't wait to see her rock her new confidence and on the stage!)


Which part of Miss Texas Week are you most nervous to return to? "If we’re being honest... I’m not nervous at all. It’s hard to explain but it all goes back to my confidence in myself."

What lesson did you learn last year that you are taking to heart this time? "To know that at the end of the day, it’s a competition and it’s not going to determine my life. I have so many exciting things going on in my life right now that whether I walk away with the crown or not, God has a plan for me and I refuse to leave feeling defeated."


What do you feel you did the strongest last year? How will you repeat? "My talent. It’s no secret that I’ve been twirling for a really long time now (18 years to be exact) and it’s where I feel most comfortable. I still feel talent is one of my strongest areas of competition but I tried a new approach this year and have worked just as hard in the other phases to make myself equally as “strong” in those as well."

What have you done differently in your preparations this year? "Like I said above, I focused on every phase of competition equally so I’m hoping it’ll help my overall performance and results in the pageant!"


If you could go back and tell yourself something before last year's Miss Texas week, what would it have been? "To take in every moment because it goes by so quickly. I looked forward to this week all year and it’s finally almost here, it’s mind blowing how fast the year has gone by!"

Now that you are a seasoned competitor, what advice would you have for a competitor experiencing Miss Texas week for the first time? "To just have fun! It is possible to focus on what you’re there to do AND enjoy the week! Take the time to get to know the other contestants, they are going to be your biggest supporters and best friends- both during pageant week and life in general."

Thank you so much to Aly for taking time to answer our questions. We wish you the best of luck as you compete on the Miss Texas stage, and just know, all the Texas twirling community is behind you! #TeamTexas supports Miss College Station! Gig Em!


We hope you have enjoyed this blog post. We are always looking for great new stories about Texas twirlers. Do you have an idea or some information we could use to help highlight our sport? Contact us at texastwirlcontact@gmail.com and we would love to hear more about it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment